Friday, August 12, 2011

Feeling Really Tired

Well, I am on day 5 of my second treatment. It is worse, the side effects of the chemo the second round. (prob each one will get a little worsel. It didnt hit me until yesterday, I was tired on day 3 but not as bad as the first one. I didnt feel like I was in a tornado, but just overall fatigue.

My hair really is almost all gone, I look funny. few stragglers here and there on top.  I'm not sure what the back looks like, I haven't looked. kinda scared to look. I have a whopper of a headache, not really sure why. Though my loving husband stopped at Burger King for a whopper for me for supper. Something about how the ketchup and mayo mixes, is really good!

That's the most calories I have consumed in one sitting for one day for the last 5 days. My taste buds are off but I could taste the ketchup. Senses we take for granted. I savored that whopper with cheese. I may be paying for it now, heartburn city.

I have another sensation that we take for granted and that is touch. my skin is so sensitive that the fan in our bedroom is making my forehead hirt. it will have to go off in a bit. it literally hurts, the air blowing on my face and head. And of course Troy 'snoring' beside me, sound is amplified too. I am listening to reiki music while writing this blog. still loud.

i donmt have much hair left. I think this is the hardest change of them all. At one point about 2 years ago, I thought I had issues with my thyroid, my hair was thinning real bad,but then it stopped. I KNoW it will grow back, but seeing the image of my face in the mirror scares me. You know what is even funnier, when zach gets home from daycare, he doesn't even realize that my hair is gone. I suppose this is good, children know the image if their parents faces and their smells from birth. hair is nothing.

I love you, Troy, Abby, Zach, Grammy, Grampa, Mimi, Adam, Heidi, Anthony, Nathan, Hannah, Cyndi, and Faith!

U can't wait for tuesday, Faith is taking me to OJ's in Bangor, then pedicure. I have never had a pedicure before. I have very ticklish feet. Maybe pink tank from Victori's Secret.

night all. hopefully, tomorrow will be better. my mom is up for the weekend to watch zach for half day saturday while Troy works. last time it was too much, day 6 not good. still very tired and fatigued, hard to chase after 3 yr old even with a 9 yr old in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment