Thursday, March 29, 2012

Right Mastectomy



I will be adding a a YouTUbe video as soon as I upload it to my computer, having technical issues with transferring from SD Card to my computer.



I am 6 days post right mastectomy. I am still pretty sore and tired. I was feeling really good in the beginning. My body doesn't like the drain that is in my chest. I remember back in December when I had the Axillary Dissection, I had a drain for about 2 weeks. By the end of those 2 weeks, my body hurt, my joints hurt and I was very tired. I hate having the drain in my side. It hurts so much when I move.

But I have to look at the bright side of things.....I don't have to worry as much about having a second breast cancer return. Before I had an increased 25% chance of having a second breast cancer because of the Lobular Cancer. My decision was made. I don't really want to do this again in 5-10 yrs. Once in a lifetime was enough.

I am "cancer-free" (though there is a very small, tiny doubt where there may be some cells somewhere that are abnormal). But I'm not going to think about it. I am positive that the Chemotherapy and Radiation killed all cells. I had 3 of  10 Lymph nodes positive for carncinoma. It has all been removed from my body.

I have changed since having breast cancer. I am being PROACTIVE. I'm not gonna hide in my shell like some  breast cancer survivors do. They think that once it is over, it's over. IT'S NEVER OVER. Your life as you knew it has changed. PERIOD. I am going to help others that are going through it or gone through it. Whether you are a 1 month Survivor or 30 + year Survivor, I will invite you to the Support Group.

I will be starting up a Support Group at the Newport Cultural Center, Breast Cancer Survivors. Open House on April 21st. If you are a Survivor, or know someone that is a survivor, have them email me or contact the Cultural Center. my email is     jbagleyfnp@hotmail.com or send me a message via Facebook.

I will start a FB page for the Newport Breast Cancer Survivor Group. Open group.

I am working on a Volunteer app for the Caring Connections and the Y in Bangor so they will be backing up my group.

I want to thank everyone whom has helped during these last 10 Hard Months for my family.

Troy, I love you so much and can't wait to go to the movies next week with you. Just you and me like on our first date back in 1994. Remember dancing at Finnegan's? lol soo funny. I love you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment