Monday, October 10, 2011

Update on Dehydration

On Friday, I had to go to Lafayette for some fluids. I had a fever and diagnosed with Bronchitis. This last round hit me hard. I was quite tired, achey all over. I was in bed for at least 2 days.

Last Thursday night, my fever was 100.5 and I had chills! I was told in the beginning to watch for fever and to go to the ER if I got one. Well, I had used a heating pad due to the body aches from the Taxol. I got so hot, omg. I waited till morning to see if my temp went down. It was still 100.3. I called my oncologist and they squeezed me in with a Nurse PRactitioner at 3 pm. I had blood cultures, cbc and bmp drawn from my arm and my port. THey then removed the needle from my port.

I went to see the NP and she ordered fluids, so they had to stick my port again. They gave me a whole Liter of fluid. One whole bag, and never went to the bathroom. I was quite dehydrated. I had been couging but not bringing up anything. Well wth the fluids,  started coughing up stuff. She also put me on Zithromax.

I felt a lot better after the bag of fluids. My potassium was low too, at 2.7 which is quite critical. They gave me K+ in the fluids.

My Mom also came up and met us at the Lafayette Center, she came for the weekend to help with Zach on Saturday. With the fatigue and body aches, I need a little help.  I can not wait for this to be over.

Only 2 More to Go.

I will keep you all updated.
Love Jennifer
:+)

No comments:

Post a Comment