Tuesday, October 4, 2011

6 Down, 2 More to Go!!! YAY!!!

On Monday, October 3rd, I had my 6th Treatment. My 2nd Taxol dose. The infusion went well. No reactions. No mouth tingling. So far, it is Tuesday afternoon, no real side effects yet except my toes are a bit tingly and I keep having hot flashes.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have coordinated with the Cultural Center in Newport to speak about My story and about Early Detection of Breast Cancer. It will be the end of this month. Please be there and support me in spreading the word about Early Detection. There will be a raffle of homemade jewerly made by myself and some light refreshments.

Pinktober is the nickname of October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Early detection is the key.

I am so glad that I have only 2 more treatments left. 2 Taxol. The infusions last over 3 hours, I think it is harder on my husband then me. The chairs for the partners are a little hard. I have a nice recliner and it was a little chilly there yesterday. I got a nice warm blanket.

I saw a nurse practitioner that was really nice. Diana Porter FNP. She answered a lot of questions for me.

My labs are the same. Still anemic but it didn't drop. Hemoglobin was 8.4 from 8.3! no change, but feeling a bit better.



I want to thank everyone who has helped me through this awful road. My family has been great. Troy, Abby, you are my rocks. Mom and Dad, I love you and thank you for your support too. Mom thanks for being able to come and help with Zach. I love him but he is in to everything. Cyndi, thank you as well. You have been there for me throughout this journey.


I want to make a special thank you to Debbie White and Danielle White. They have been a great support to me and my family. They not only Zach's daycare provider but they have been a great support to me. They have been there by my side throughout my journey. I want to give them a special Thank you. Debbie and Danielle Thank you so much.

I also thank Karen Belanger, my reiki master, my friend, my angel. If it weren't for her as well, my treatments would be a lot worse. My side effects have been mild. thanks for the attunements and helping me channel my energy.


I am actually kind of nervous about the ending of my chemo, I am glad but what if the cancer cells are still alive? What if? I know I shouldn't feel like this but it's there. I have more surgey and 33 radiation treatments due. So it looks like mid January before i return to work. We will see.


I want to thank everyone else that has been there for me as well.

Hugs
Jennifer

 This is my Dad. With his bald head and mine, we look exactly alike. Same eyes, same smile, same bald head.

I love you dad with all my heart.






This was very pretty, trees with reflection on the water.
My aunt Cyndi, my Bud in Shining Armour. She has been there for me throughout this journey.
I painted this last week. It is called the Hope Flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment