Tuesday, September 20, 2011

5 Down, 3 More to Go

Hello all. I apologize for not posting since the 11th. I did not do well after my 4th A/C treatment. The fatigue was so bad, anemia was bad too. I had to take a nap in the evening after supper for  an hour just to feel good. My head was pounding and so tired, I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I only felt good lying down.

I recieved my 2nd Attunement, so when I am done with my chemo treatments, I can start giving Reiki treatments. I believe that Reiki is a blessing. My Reiki guides and Ascended Masters watch over me. My Archangel Raphael watches over me too. My Guardian Angel Meredith watches over me.

I had my 5th treatment yesterday. So there has been a Taxol shortage across the United States, but the Lafayette Center has some saved up. I got it yesterday.

Taxol is a very touchy chemotherapy agent. A lot of women have reactions to Taxol like anaphalaxis, throat closing up, severe bone or back pain, rash, hives, agitation. The scheduling team scheduled me for a 1050 am blood draw, 1130 MD visit, then 1230 infusion. They were running a little behind in the infusion center so I didn't get in until 130pm. So with the taxol side effects during the infusion, they don't schedule anyone past 9am. But the nurses got my premeds started fast and hoped for no side effects. The taxol has to run for 10 min for test dose and if you have a reaction, they have to do a challenge dose by decreasing how fast it drips. Well........I had no side effects. Yahooooo!!!! so they actually bumped up the drip a little faster still no side effects. The only downfall..............even at the faster rate it takes 3 hours to infuse. We did not leave Lafayette Center until 515pm!!! We had to call family to pick Zach up from Daycare. I thank Connie and Alfred for picking Zach up with Mimi, (Gail, Troy's mom).

This morning, Tuesday, at 4 am, my husband woke me up coughing. He went to the bathroom and came back, he called for me becuase he felt like he was going to pass out. His heart was beating really fast at 140 beats per minute. I immediately went into nurse mode. He actually wanted me to call the ambulance, so at 430am they showed up. I again called Connie and Alfred to stay with the kids, as they were still sleeping. I didn't want to wake them up. Connie and Alfred got here about 5am and I left for the hospital.

Troy's EKG had some changes, ischemia. His Troponins were all negative so no heart attack!!! Thank God. He has been under a lot stress with me and work and taking care of the household. I love him so much. He is due to have a Stress Test tomorrow. Then hopefully home. I will update everyone.

I am feeling really good right now. The Taxol hasn't caused as much fatigue yet. Major Side Effects are flu like symptoms, muscle and bone pain. I can deal with the pain, not the fatigue.

Karen Belanger, my Reiki Master, loves Dragonflies.

More Dragonflies

I participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Sunday. I have never been so overwhelmed by the amount of people involved with any type of walk. There were more than 5600 people involved with this walk. Over 400 Breast Cancer Survivors up on stage prior to the walk. Sea of pink. It was an eye opener. If you go to WLBZ channel 2 news. Click on the Race for the Cure and if you watch the video, you will see Abby holding my hand at the very end, then they show Abby for 5-8 seconds then on me for about 15 seconds, I am looking at Abby. The song that was playing was I'm Gonna Love You Through It, of course I started crying and then Abby came to me. That was when we were holding hands and the lady filming moved closer to us and shot us holding hands.

I also went to the Survivor Supper at Hollywood Slots on Saturday night, before the Race for the Cure. I had steak and vegies, buffet style and Hollywood Slots payed for the whole night. Cash Bar. But the food was really good.

I have had some side effects of Taxol while writing this blog. I have wicked gas. Can't stop burping!!! and well the other end too. but we won't talk about that.

I am feeling pretty good, I am hoping that I won't crash tomorrow. I have to go pick Troy up. We will see.

Love you all.
Talk later
Hugs to everyone

PS. I thank Connie and Alfred for being there for us to help out the kids and my mother who came up to stay with me and help with the kids while Troy is in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment